Stuffed Shells with Spinach and Cheese
- 1 package jumbo pasta shells (16 oz)
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packages baby spinach (6 oz)
- 1 container extra firm tofu, pressed
- ⅓ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp finely ground pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- dash grated nutmeg
- ½ cup, plus ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Parmesan Shredded
- 2 cups vegan marinara sauce
- basil to garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta shells according to directions on package. Drain and toss with tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. For filling, heat a sauté pan and add 2 teaspoons oil. Add spinach. Cook 4-6 minutes to wilt. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, crumble tofu. Add Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, nutmeg and ½ cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan. Fold in cooked spinach to tofu filling.
5. To assemble stuffed shells grease a 9 x 12 baking dish and add 1 cup marinara. Place 1 tablespoon filling and in each shell and repeat until all filling is used. Add shells to baking dish once filled. Drizzle with remaining marinara and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan.
6. Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbles in center of baking dish. Serve warm.