Summer Chopped Salad
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed and sliced into ½ inch thick strips
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 2 teaspoons neutral-tasting oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bottle Follow Your Heart Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup organic corn, cut from cobb or thawed if frozen
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- 4-8 radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
Heat grill pan over medium heat and add oil. Add tofu and sear until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Flip and glaze with barbeque sauce. Flip and glaze remaining side. Cook 2 more minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, place romaine in a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of Follow Your Heart Thousand Island dressing. Top with mounds of corn, tomatoes, cabbage, radishes, carrots, cucumber, and crushed chips. Add tofu. Serve immediately.