Sweet Potato Falafel Sliders with Creamy Herb Sauce
- 1 bulb garlic, plus dash oil
- 1 can (15.5 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 6 oz sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup organic all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tbsp neutral tasting oil for cooking
Herb Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves roasted garlic, mashed
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 persian cucumbers, peeled into ribbons with vegetable peeler
- 1 roasted bell pepper, diced
- 10 slider buns
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Slice top of garlic bulb off. Place cut side down in ramekin with dash oil. Roast about 35 minutes, or until cloves are soft. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
- Steam sweet potato for 2-4 minutes, or until tender. Set aside.
- Add chickpeas and sweet potato to food processor. Add onion, 4 cloves roasted garlic, parsley, flour, sea salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, cardamom, and lemon zest. Pulse just until mixture holds together and is finely ground, and still slightly coarse.
- Heat a sauté pan and add oil. Scoop ¼ cup mixture and form into patties. Cook until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- For sauce, combine Vegenaise, lemon, garlic, onion, sea salt, pepper, dill, and mint in a bowl and whisk. To allow flavors to develop, refrigerate for half an hour before serving.
- To form sliders toast buns and top with herb sauce on both halves. Add ribbons of cucumber and diced bell pepper. Serve warm.