Sweetcorn Fritters with Avocado, Tomato, and Feta Salad
1 cup sweetcorn
1 small red onion, small dice
1/3 cup chickpea flour
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
½ lemon, juiced
1 small bunch fresh parsley (leaves only)
1 tbsp tahini
1 ½ tbsp water
salt and pepper
½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, cubed
1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
½ lime, juiced
extra Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- Add half of the sweetcorn to a food processor or blender with the red onion, chickpea flour, paprika, ground cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice, fresh parsley, tahini, and water. Blend to a chunky mix.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the rest of the sweetcorn. Chill for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, make the salad: stir together all the ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and add large tablespoon measures of the fritter batter to the pan, working in batches. Allow to fry for 4-5 minutes, until golden and firm and flip over to cook the second side. Continue to make 6 fritters.
- Serve the fritters warm or cold alongside the salad and any extra toppings.