- vegan butter
- 1 bag of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- 1 bag of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 tomato (diced)
- sliced black olives
- sliced green onions
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp chopped chipotle in adobo
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- ½ tsp oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- sugar if needed
- 12 oz vegan ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (more to taste)
- juice of 1 lime
Creamy Jalapeno Sauce:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- ½ of a fresh jalapeño (seeds removed for less spicy)
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeño brine
- 1 clove garlic
- To make the Creamy Jalapeño Sauce, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- To make the Red Sauce, whisk all the ingredients in a bowl, taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Prepare the vegan ground beef by adding it to a skillet over medium heat, using any cooking oil as needed. Break up and crumble the beef into small pieces and add the taco seasoning. Once beef is browned and cooked through, add the lime juice, stir to incorporate, and then remove from the heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of vegan butter to a pan over medium heat, once it is melted, add a tortilla, and swirl it around to coat it in the butter, then flip it over to coat the other side. Cook the tortilla until it’s well browned, and then flip it.
- Now add your desired amount of red sauce, followed by the Dairy-Free Cheddar and Mozzarella Shreds, then the taco seasoned vegan ground beef, tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
- To melt the Dairy-Free Cheddar and Mozzarella Shreds, you can either cover to melt it in the pan or add the pan to a broiler (make sure you use an oven safe pan) until the cheese is melted. If broiling, keep an eye on it so you don’t burn the tortilla.
- Once cheese is melted, drizzle on the Creamy Jalapeño Sauce and enjoy!