Three Cheese Lasagna
- 1 box organic lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small brown onion, finely diced
- 1 package vegan ground beef
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp evaporated cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper or red chili flakes
- 1 (25 oz) jar organic tomato sauce (marinara)
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Provolone Slices
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Bring about 6-8 cups salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook as described on package. About 7-9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter and oil. Add garlic and onion and cook about 3 minutes to soften. Add beef crumbles, thyme, oregano, vinegar, sugar, sea salt and pepper. Cook until liquid has evaporated and meat is browned, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- To form lasagna, spread a layer of sauce on bottom of large baking dish. Layer with 4 long noodles, overlapping slightly.
- Top generously with Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Mozzarella and sprinkle of Shredded Parmesan. Sprinkle with meat crumbles, and top with a few slices of Dairy-Free Provolone. Add a layer of noodles. Top with a little sauce and more Mozzarella, Parmesan, meat crumbles, and Provolone Slices.
- Then add another layer of noodles. Top with more sauce and remaining Mozzarella, Provolone and Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake covered for about 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 more minutes or until bubbles appear in center of dish.