Vegan Brioche Style Challah Bread
- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp evaporated cane sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 ½ cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- ½ cup ice cold unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp evaporated cane sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup, for brushing loaf
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup warm water, yeast, and teaspoon sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, add flours, whisk to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk 4 level tbsp VeganEgg with ½ cup ice cold almond milk.
- Add to mixing bowl with blossomed yeast mixture, grapeseed oil, vinegar, sea salt, and tbsp sugar. Knead until smooth dough forms
- Transfer to a large bowl and coat dough in oil. Cover with Damp towel and let double in size, for about 1 hr.
- To form loaf, divide dough into thirds. Bunch ends and braid loaf. Brush with maple syrup.
- Either bake on greased baking sheet or place breaded dough to rectangular loaf pan.
- Bake at 375ºF for about 48-50 minutes.
- Let it cool and enjoy!