Vegan Cheeseburger Eggrolls
- 10 wraps vegan egg roll wraps
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- ½ cup sautéed red onion
- ½ cup sautéed red bell pepper
- ¼ cup sautéed pickled jalapeños
- 1-2 cups smashed cooked chickpeas
- 3 tbsp sugar free ketchup
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup green onions
- salt and pepper to taste
Thousand Island Dressing:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 3 tbsp minced white onion
- 3 tbsp minced pickles
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp sugar free ketchup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp minced green onions
- Heat grapeseed oil in a deep pan in preparation to fry the egg rolls
- Mash the cooked chickpeas.
- In a large hot pan with a splash of oil, sauté diced red onions, diced pickled jalapeños, and diced red bell peppers. Cook and sauté until the peppers and onions are soft and translucent.
- Once the peppers are cooked add in smashed chickpeas, and all of your seasoning and spice. Mix in green onions and sauté everything together well. Let everything heat up on medium high heat.
- While the vegan cheeseburger filling is heating up, make the Thousand Island dressing by mixing together Original Vegenaise, white onions, pickles, green onions, seasoning and spice.
- Lay a vegan egg roll wrapper flat on a cutting board with the corner edge pointing towards you. Scoop a spoonful of cheeseburger filling onto the closest edge of the egg roll wrap. Sprinkle a little bit of the Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds onto the egg roll wrapper as well. Fold in the two sides of the egg roll wrapper and then gently roll the egg roll away from you as you tuck in the sides.
- Using a dab of water rub it on the farthest edge of the egg roll and then continue to roll the wrapper until it is sealed. Set aside the egg roll and wrap up the rest.
- Once your frying oil is hot in the pan, one at a time, place your cheeseburger egg rolls into the frying oil, spacing them out to not touch in the pan and let them brown and get crispy on both sides for 5 to 8 minutes. You can also bake or air-fry the egg rolls until brown and crispy.
- Using a plate, covered with a towel, place the fried cheeseburger egg rolls on the towel to drain any of the excess oil.
- When ready to serve, garnish the egg rolls with minced green onion and a side of Thousand island dressing.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Vegan Cheeseburger Egg Rolls.