White Bean and Kale Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, diced
- 2 carrots, large dice
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 pint, cherry tomatoes (about 1 ½ cups), halved
- 1 can cannelini, or navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave
- 6-7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups shredded curly kale
- 1 tub Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 10-12 small leaves fresh basil *Optional for garnish
- Pre-heat a large stock pot. Add olive oil and sauté onion, and garlic about 2 minutes to soften over medium heat. Add potato, carrots, and mushrooms and sauté for about 3 more minutes. Add oregano, sea salt, pepper, and tomatoes and stir.
- Add beans and broth. Cover pot and simmer about 25-28 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Add kale, lemon juice, and agave and cook about 3 minutes to wilt kale.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Top each soup bowl generously with Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan and broil until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with basil, if using.