Apricot Crumble Bars with Yogurt Drizzle
by Spork Foods
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup soymilk creamer
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp vegan butter
Apricot Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup apricot jam
- Zest of ½ lemon plus 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced
Yogurt Drizzle Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- To food processor, add butter, coconut and brown sugar, vanilla, flour, oats, sea salt, and flax seeds. Pulse about 30 times, until uniform. Remove ½ cup of mixture and place in a mixing bowl. To food processor, add soymilk creamer and pulse until mixture is uniform.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and spread crust into pan. Bake crust for about 16 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, for topping, to ½ cup of reserved crust, add sliced almonds and butter. Using hands mix until mixture holds together. Set aside.
- For filling, add jam, lemon zest and juice, and chopped apricots to a bowl and whisk. Set aside.
- For icing, whisk Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl until uniform. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Gently spread filling over crust and top with and bake about 24-28 minutes. Let bars cool completely before slicing and then drizzle icing over cooled, sliced bars.