Beer Cheese Mac with Peppers, Onions, & Bratwurst
by Plvnt Food
- 1 lb pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 3 packages Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar Slices, cubed
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened plant milk
- ½-2 cups vegan beer
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (adjust to your liking)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 package vegan bratwurst sausage
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- In a pot, add your cubed cheese, plant milk, beer, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper & cook over low heat stirring frequently until the cheese is melted. Add less milk/beer at first and add more as needed until you reach a slightly runny but still thick consistency, one that sticks to the back of the spoon.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add in your grapeseed oil along with your sliced peppers and onions (seasoned with salt to taste). Cook until soft and browned. About 3-4 minutes before they’re done, push them to one side of the pan and add in your bratwurst. Cook to package instructions, then remove from the pan and slice your sausages.
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to package instructions, then drain.
- Mix your pasta with your cheese sauce (to the amount desired) and ¾ of your pepper and onion mixture.
- Place the mac and cheese in serving bowl and top with remaining peppers and onions, and your sliced bratwurst sausage. Serve & Enjoy!