Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 4 veggie burger patties (we used Amy’s Sonoma Veggie Burger
- 4 vegan burger buns
- 8 tbsp Vegenaise Gourmet Pesto
- 2 slices Mozzarella or Provolone Slices
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Vegan Parmesan Shreds
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat coals in a grill.
- While coals are heating, make bruschetta. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Roll basil leaves tightly lengthwise, then thinly slice to chiffonade. Toss basil and tomatoes with garlic, olive, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
- Brush both sides of each burger with olive oil. Add to grill, heat 3 minutes on 1 side, flip, top with cheese, and cook for another 3 minutes. Lightly toast buns on grill.
- Assemble burgers. Spread 1 tbsp Vegenaise Gourmet Pesto to each bun half, top with burger and cheese, add equal amounts bruschetta to each burger, add top bun and serve.