Butternut Squash Pizza w/ Caramelized Onions
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chipotle powder or chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 sweet onions, sliced in half-moons
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8-10 oz pizza dough or a pre-made pizza crust
- olive oil
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Pizzeria Blend Shreds
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- Make the Squash: Heat the oven to 450 ºF. Toss the butternut squash in the olive oil, ground cumin, chipotle powder, and a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking tray and bake until tender, about 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Make the Caramelized Onion: Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and cook for about 30 minutes until the onions are soft and darkly caramelized. Turn down the heat if needed.
- Turn the oven to 550 ºF, or as hot as it will go.
- Prepare your pizza: If using pizza dough, stretch your dough on a floured counter into your desired shape, then transfer to an oiled baking tray. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the dough, then top with Follow Your Heart Diary Free Pizzeria Blend Shreds. Top with the caramelized onions and roasted butternut squash.
- Bake the pizza for 7-10 minutes, or until the crust is bubbly and the cheese is melted. Top with Follow Yourt Heart Dairy Free Grated Parmesan and crispy sage (below). Enjoy!
For the crispy sage: heat a 1/4-inch of olive oil in a small skillet. When hot, fry the sage for about 30 seconds. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
There will be enough pizza toppings for 2-3 pizzas, so feel free to make extra!Print