Butternut Squash, Sage, and Cheddar Dip
by Spork Foods
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (4 cups)
- 1 organic russet potato, peeled and diced (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ½ cup organic soymilk creamer, and more as needed
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 container Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds
- 1 organic sliced baguette, toasted
- Steam butternut squash, potatoes, and garlic in pot until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Add squash mixture to food processor with lemon juice and zest, soymilk creamer, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in sage and most of the cheddar cheese and top with remaining cheese. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until edges are bubbling. Stir well. Sprinkle with additional sage. Serve warm with baguettes.