Cheese and Onion Pasties
by Spork Foods
- 1 package vegan puff pastry sheets (non-hydrogenated)
- 1 Yukon gold potato, diced (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp neutral tasting oil (Safflower or grapeseed)
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice plus zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Thaw puff pastry sheets before using according to package.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Bring potatoes to boil in salted water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside in large mixing bowl.
- In a sauté pan, add oil, cook onion until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to bowl with potato. Add salt, pepper, thyme, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, and mustard. Fold to incorporate. Fold in Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk almond milk and maple syrup and set aside.
- Cut each puff pastry sheets into 3 strips at folds, about 3 inches thick. Add filling to one half of each rectangle, leaving a 1/4 inch border. Enclose and seal edges with fork. Brush each with milk and maple mixture.
- Bake until golden, about 24-26 minutes.