Cheese Pizza w/ Pesto
by Plvnt Food
- 1 bag store-bought pizza dough
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Pesto Vegenaise
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 1-2 vegan hot Italian sausage links (we used beyond meat, but removed the sausage from the casing)
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1/8 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan Cheese Grated
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- A small amount of oil for cooking
- Stretch out your pizza dough into a circle and place on a baking tray or pizza stone.
- In a skillet, crumble in your hot Italian sausage with some cooking oil, salt, and pepper, and cook on medium heat until browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread your pesto vegenaise over the pizza crust, and then top with your vegan mozzarella shreds. Add your crumbled hot Italian sausage, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, & grated parmesan cheese, on top of the cheese.
- Mix your minced garlic in with the melted vegan butter and brush around the crust.
- Cook according to the dough package instructions until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted. Top with fresh basil once out of the oven.