Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 2 pre-made vegan pie crusts (9-inches)
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ packages Beyond Meat Crumbles (11 oz package)
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (Wizard Brand)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or German mustard
- ¼ cup VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Shreds
- 1 block Follow Your Heart American Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Poke holes in both crusts and bake crust empty for about 8-10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium flame. Add oil, onion, garlic and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until soft. Add meat crumbles, sea salt, pepper, parsley, tomato paste, tomatoes, Worcestershire, lemon juice, vinegar, brown rice syrup and mustard. Cook about 5-7 more minutes to soften and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together VeganEgg powder and ice-cold water until slightly thick, about 1 minute. Set aside. Stir VeganEgg mixture into meat crumble mixture. Add meat crumble mixture to each par-baked crust.
- Bake for about 25-28 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice 1-inch thick strips of Follow Your Heart American Cheese and remove pies from oven after 25-28 minutes. Top pies with an even sprinkling of Pizzeria Shreds, and then top with a crisscross of American cheese, or arrange as desired. Bake for about 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes, before slicing. Serve warm.