Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread
by Plvnt Food
- 4 very ripe spotted bananas
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant milk
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ block firm tofu
- ¼ container of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼-½ cup organic cane sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, add all of your cheesecake filling ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Adjust the sweetness and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and milk. Whisk well to incorporate.
- Into that same bowl, sift in your flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and use a rubber spatula to mix until combined.
- Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with coconut oil spray to prevent sticking. Add 2/3 of the banana bread batter into the loaf pan and even it out. Then add in your cheesecake filling, in the middle but make sure to leave a border of banana bread around the edges so the cheesecake filling doesn’t go completely to the edge of the loaf. Top with the remaining 1/3 of banana bread batter, and smooth out.
- Place in the oven and bake for about an hour, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from the loaf pan and serving. Ideally, let it cool completely before cutting into it.