Cheesy Asparagus Pasta
- 2 cups brown rice penne or chickpea penne
- 6 oz vegan chicken
- 2 cloves garlic
- 12 oz asparagus spears
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan Shreds
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions then drain. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium high heat. Dice the vegan chicken. Add it to the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes until crispy and browned. Stir every thirty seconds or so. Meanwhile, mince the garlic. Chop the asparagus into 3” pieces and stir it into the vegan chicken, along with the garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the asparagus is bright green and tender.
- Add the cooked pasta, olive oil, parmesan, and mozzarella to the pan. Zest and juice the lemon over the pasta. Mix well. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, and lemon zest if desired. Serve right away!