Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp non-dairy butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer
- 3 cups grated Vegan Gourmet Monterey Jack Cheese Alternative
- 1/4 cup Vegan Gourmet Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add coconut oil. Add in onions and cook about 5 3 minutes.
- Stir together paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, cayenne, oregano, thyme, and pepper flakes until fully blended.
- Add in cauliflower, sprinkle with 1 tsp seasoning mix. Cook over medium-high heat stirring occasionally, until cauliflower begins to turn golden, about 10 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree mixture.
- Melt butter in a separate saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add flour and whisk until paste is formed. Add non-dairy milk and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened. Add non-dairy creamer and remove from heat.
- Add cream to soup pot, return heat to medium-high and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add in cheese and sour cream and stir until cheese is completely melted. Stir in chopped parsley
- Taste and add more seasoning, if needed. Serve hot with additional sprinkling of parsley.