Cheesy Guinness Corned Beef Bread
by Plvnt Food
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 1/4 cup Guinness draught
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar Shreds
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar slices
- 2 packs vegan deli-style ham slices
- 4 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large loaf crusty vegan bread
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise so you have two long pieces. On the cut side of each piece of bread, take a knife and NOT going all the way through, cut large X’s into the bread “meat” this allows for the flavors to penetrate the bread more. Place on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch pan over medium heat, sauté the garlic in a bit of vegan butter for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add remaining butter, stir until melted, then add chives and off the heat.
- Evenly brush the garlic chive butter onto each cut side of the bread, make sure you get all the garlic out of the pan and turn the pan back on to medium-high heat. Add the deli ham and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until most of the pieces are slightly browned, be careful not to overcook or it will get rubbery. Add the Worcestershire & Dijon and sauté for another minute. Remove and place on a plate to the side. Add the cabbage to the pan with a little oil or butter and sauté 7-10 minutes or until softened.
- Evenly and slowly pour the Guinness onto the bread, sprinkle with the cheddar shreds. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Add ham and cabbage, then finish with the medium cheddar slices.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes, slice into 2-inch pieces to serve with fresh chives on top.