Cheesy Vegan Gordita Crunch
by Plvnt Food
- 1lb vegan ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar Shreds
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 hard taco shells
- 6 gordita shells
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 2-3 tbsp pickled jalapeno brine
- 3-4 tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapenos
- Mix together your sauce ingredients & place in the fridge (covered) until ready to use.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the taco seasoning with 1 ¼ cups of water. Reduce heat and simmer until the water is almost gone and the mixture is thick.
- Layout a gordita shell onto a microwave-safe plate. Spread a layer of cheese over the top of the gordita.
- Place into the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Place a hard taco shell onto one side of the gordita. Fold the gordita around the taco shell and press so it sticks to the cheese.
- Add some ground beef to the taco shell and top with some of the sauce, romaine lettuce, and cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with remaining shells.