Vegan Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
by Spork Foods
- 2 ½ cups soymilk creamer
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch, plus 3 tbsp soymilk creamer
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese (8 oz)
- 2 tbsp soymilk creamer
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 cup crushed vegan shortbread cookies
For ice cream:
- Heat a small saucepot over medium. Add soymilk creamer, coconut syrup, lemon juice, and cane sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved, and mixture is simmering, about 5 minutes. Add tapioca starch combined with creamer and stir until thick. Whisk vigorously until smooth. Remove from heat. Add sea salt and vanilla extract to milk mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Let cool completely in a baking dish, then cover and chill about 2 hours to overnight in refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, whisk cream cheese with creamer to thin out. In a separate bowl, crush cookies and set aside.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to frozen ice cream maker bowl and process according to directions, about 25 minutes, adding cream cheese mixture, cherries, and crushed cookies into ice cream at last 2 minutes of blending.
Mixture may be held in Tupperware in freezer for up to 3 days.Print