Cherry Tomato & Garlic Bucatini
by Plvnt Food
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes (I used a mix of yellow and red ones)
- ½-¾ of a bottle of dry white wine
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan Shreds
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 8-10 small garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- Follow Your Heart Grated Parmesan Cheese *for garnish
- Fresh basil *for garnish
- Cook your pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- In a deep skillet or saucepot, add in your olive oil over medium heat. Then add your shallot and garlic and cook until they just start to brown.
- Add in your cherry tomatoes whole, season with salt & pepper, and cook until they just start to pop and get a little color on them.
- Add in your white wine, then bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 15 minutes until it has reduced a bit and the tomatoes start to burst. With a potato masher, mash the tomatoes until they create a sauce, but make sure to leave them semi-chunky.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add in your vegan butter, more salt/pepper to taste, and your parmesan shreds. Cook until melted and combined, stirring frequently.
- Add in your cooked bucatini & a little bit of pasta water to bring it all together. Stir very well, then transfer to a bowl and top with more grated parmesan, black pepper, and fresh basil.