Green Chile, Roasted Pecan, & Cheddar Bread
by Plvnt Food
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened plant milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned green chilies
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 1 large 9 x 5” loaf pan or several smaller loaf pans or muffin tins. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour through salt) to a large bowl and whisk Set aside.
- In a small bowl or two-cup measuring cup, add the milk, flax egg, and vegetable Whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients beating with a whisk until well combined. Stir in the chilies, cheddar, and nuts.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan, filling no more than 3/4 of the way up the Bake until a cake tester comes out clean.
- For a large loaf pan 9 x 5”- bake approximately 50-60 minutes
- For a medium loaf pan 8 x 4”- bake approximately 45-50 minutes
- For a small loaf pan 5 x 3”- bake approximately 30-35 minutes
- Let bread cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan before turning out on a wire rack to continue cooling, or slice and serve warm with