Churro Style French Toast Sticks
by Spork Foods
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup ice-cold soy milk, or other non-dairy, creamer
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil (safflower), plus more for coating pan
- 1 (8 oz) loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 12 large sticks
- ¾ cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh berries, for garnish
- To a mixing bowl, add dry VeganEgg powder, ice-cold soy milk, sea salt, cinnamon, tablespoon sugar, vanilla extract, and oil. Whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Pre-heat griddle or pan to medium-high heat. Grease griddle with oil.
- Coat each stick of bread in batter and then place on hot pan or griddle.
- Cook until slightly golden, about 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Place ¾ cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Stir to combine. When French toast sticks are done, roll each stick in cinnamon sugar mixture while warm.
- Serve warm with fresh berries.