Sour Cream and Chive Corn Casserole
by Plvnt Food
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ medium onion finely diced
- 1 bag frozen corn
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- 1 container Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds divided
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups French fried onions
- 3 tbsp onion salt
- Salt / pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until browned and slightly caramelized, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and cook for another 5-7 minutes until some pieces of corn are starting to brown a bit.
- Remove from heat. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, & stir in chives, sour cream, flour, onion salt, salt / pepper to taste, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix very well until combined.
- Transfer the mixture back into your skillet.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and fried onions. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Serve hot.