Creamy Zucchini Pesto Linguine
by Spork Foods
- 2 medium zucchini (3 cups shredded)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp toasted sliced almonds, plus for topping
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp Follow Your Heart Organic Garlic Aïoli Vegenaise
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 package (16 oz) linguine
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan, for topping
- 2 cups fresh green beans, sliced on diagonal
- Shred zucchini in food processor using large grating attachment or shred by hand. Set aside.
- Heat sauté pan and add vegan butter. Add zucchini and garlic. Sprinkle with dash sea salt and pepper. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes.
- For pesto sauce, add cooked zucchini mixture, basil, almonds, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, Follow Your Heart Organic Garlic Aioli Vegenaise, salt, and pepper to food processor. Pulse until uniform, yet still a coarse texture.
- Bring salted water to a boil, add heavy pinch salt and linguine as described on package, 7-9 minutes. Add green beans during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and set aside.
- Fold sauce with cooked pasta and top with additional almonds and generous sprinkle of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan.