Dairy-Free Cheddar Fondue
by Eva Agha
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups plain unsweetened plant milk
- 1 8oz package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 1 7oz package Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar Style Cheese
- 1 tsp vegan gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp pepper
- chives, for garnish
- Heat the vegan butter in a large pot until melted. Add the flour and mix to combine. Pour in the milk while whisking, then add the cream cheese, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer until the cheeses have melted.
- Garnish with chives and serve warm, in a fondue pot if possible. Dip roasted Brussels sprouts, cubed bread, or vegan sausage into the cheddar fondue and enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- Trim ends off Brussels sprouts and remove damaged or discolored leaves. Cut sprouts in half. Toss the Brussels sprouts in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 425 ºF for about 20-25 minutes, or until they get browned and crispy on the edges.