Double Stacked Pepperjack Burger
by Plvnt Food
- vegan burgers of your choice
- Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Pepper Jack Slices
- Follow Your Heart Avocado Oil Vegenaise
- 1 large red onion
- 2 cups plain unsweetened plant milk
- 2 cups flour (seasoned with salt)
- canola oil for frying
- ½ cup jalapeno jam (or pepper jelly)
- burger buns
- Slice your onions into either half-moons or full circles and let sit in the plant milk for 10 minutes while your canola oil heats up to 375°F.
- Take the onions from the milk and place them into your seasoned flour until coated, then drop into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown, then remove and place on a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate to drain. Season with salt.
- Cook up your burgers according to package instructions & melt a piece of pepper jack on each burger.
- Toast up your buns, then add some mayo to the bottom bun, 2 burger patties with cheese, your crispy onions, some arugula, and your top bun smothered in jalapeno jam/pepper jelly.
- Stick a sandwich pick in to hold it together and enjoy!