Everything Bagel Mac & Cheese
by Plvnt Food
- 2 packages (20 slices) Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar slices
- 2 packages (20 slices) Follow Your Heart American slices
- 1 container (8oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 3-5 cups regular unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup everything but the bagel seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- In a pot over medium heat, add in your almond milk, Medium Cheddar slices (chopped), American slices (chopped), cream cheese, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, and salt to taste. Start with less almond milk at first, and add more as the cheese all starts to melt. You want this to be a thick, creamy sauce.
- Cook your elbow macaroni in salted water until cooked through, drain well & return to the pot.
- Add as much cheese sauce as you’d like (some people like it less saucy, some like it more saucy), and mix well to combine. Pour the macaroni and cheese into a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add in your breadcrumbs, melted vegan butter, salt to taste, and everything but the bagel seasoning. Mix well. Spread evenly over top the mac and cheese.
- Place under the broiler until the breadcrumbs are golden brown. Top with fresh chives and serve.