Roasted Garlic Flatbread Pizza
by Spork Foods
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vegan butter
- 1 large white onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 pre-made pizza dough
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Aïoli Vegenaise
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/3 cup baby arugula
- To caramelize onions, heat a sauté pan over medium-low heat and add olive oil and butter. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Add maple syrup, sea salt, and cayenne. Stir and cook about 10-15 more minutes, until very soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Place a pizza stone in oven, if using.
- On a floured surface, roll pizza dough in two long ovals, about 1 foot long. Brush evenly with Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Aioli. Top with caramelized onions, parmesan, lemon juice, and zest.
- Bake on pizza stone or greased baking sheet for about 18-20 minutes, or until browned on bottom and slightly risen.
- Remove from heat and slice into uneven pieces. Top with artichoke hearts and arugula. Serve warm