Garlic Parmesan Duchess Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon gold or russet potatoes, peeled (about 6 potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder, dry
- ½ cup, plus ¼ cup ice-cold soymilk creamer
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Shredded Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or parsley, for serving *Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes. Cook about 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add VeganEgg powder and ½ cup ice-cold creamer to bowl. Whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add cooked potatoes, ¼ cup soymilk creamer, vegan butter, sea salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, and parsley. Mash with a potato masher until very smooth and uniform. Fold in ½ cup Follow Your Heart Shredded Parmesan, and prepared VeganEgg.
- Place large start tip in piping bag. Add potato mixture to piping bag.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment and grease. Pipe swirls of potato about 3 inches in diameter and 2 inches high onto baking sheets, spacing about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes, rotating once during baking. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Garnish with herbs when serving, if desired.