Gluten-Free Grilled Peach Panzanella
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 6 slices Follow Your Heart Gluten-Free Vegan Oat Bread
- 1 lb ripe yellow peaches, cut into sixths and pits removed
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 persian cucumber, diced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, hand torn or thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange charcoals into a mound, add lighter fluid and light immediately. Wait until coals are covered with gray ash and distribute evenly. Add top grate to grill, using 1 tbsp, brush all both sides of each slice of bread with olive oil. Place on grill and heat 4 min each side (be careful not to burn). Remove from grill and set aside.
- Brush peaches with remaining olive oil from 1st tbsp and sprinkle with salt. Place cut side down on grill and heat 3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a small, non-reactive bowl, whisk together vinegar, a pinch each salt and sugar, shallot, and garlic. Allow to sit and marinate at least 10 minutes.
- Once bread has cooled, tear into bite size pieces. In a large bowl, toss together bread and shallot. Add another splash of red wine vinegar and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes, arugula, and cucumber to bowl and toss well. Transfer to serving platter, top with peaches, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!