Grilled Veggie Skewers
by Spork Foods
Grilled Vegetable Ingredients:
- 2 tsp neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 3 large or 6 small fresh zucchinis, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Sriracha Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Sriracha Vegenaise
- 1 tsp coconut nectar or agave
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Roasted Garlic Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Roasted Garlic Vegenaise
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Soak wooden skewers for 20 minutes in water.
- Add cut vegetables to skewers if cooking on a barbecue. If cooking on grill pan, just grill as individual pieces.
- To prepare grilled vegetables, heat grill-pan or barbecue to medium heat. Brush vegetables with oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until grill marks are formed. Flip and grill on the other side until soft, about 3 more minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice and set aside.
- To make Sriracha. Sauce, whisk Sriracha Vegenaise, coconut nectar or agave, lime juice, and almond milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make Roasted Garlic Sauce whisk Roasted Garlic Vegenaise, lemon juice and zest, lemon pepper, and sea salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Place Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette in small bowl.
- Serve vegetable skewers warm alongside trio of dips. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.