Ham VeganEgg and Cheese Puffs
by Spork Foods
- 1 package vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 2 VeganEggs (4 level tablespoons VeganEgg)
- ½ cup ice cold water
- ½ cup organic soymilk creamer
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 slices Follow Your Heart® American
- 12 thin slices vegan ham
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Slice each sheet puff pastry into three long strips, about 3 x 8 inches big. Bake empty on parchment lined baking sheet for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice ham into strips and dice Follow Your Heart American Style Cheese. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk VeganEgg with ice cold water, creamer, sea salt, pepper and lemon juice. Whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Fold in 2 tablespoons chives.
- Crack puff pastry strips in middle and spoon 3 tablespoons VeganEgg mixture per strip. Top each strip with 1 slice diced Follow Your Heart American Style Cheese and then ham strips (equivalent of 2 slices).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Serve warm and top with additional chives.