Hassleback Baby Potatoes with Truffle Chive A¨oli
Recipe Courtesy of: Naomi Hazan of One Life To Eat
- 1 lb. Tri-colored baby potatoes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Salt to taste
For the Aïoli:
- 1/2 cup Original Vegenaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place a potato between the handles of 2 wooden spoons or 2 chopsticks. Slice the potato into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom unsliced; the spoon handles will prevent you from slicing the potato all the way through. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and brush on the coconut oil. Season with salt and bake on 450° for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top. For extra crispiness baste the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Combine the dipping sauce ingredients and dollop over potatoes once they’ve cooked and cooked for at least 15 minutes.