Herbed Parmesan Polenta Fries
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 1 cup uncooked polenta/corn grits
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan Shreds
- 1 tsp chopped sage
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- olive oil
- Combine polenta, herbs, salt, and water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil while whisking. Reduce to a simmer, cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Once polenta begins to pull away from walls of saucepan, stir in vegan butter and parmesan. Transfer to a baking dish and spread out in an even layer. Cool, uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hr.
- Cut set polenta into small sticks, about 4 by 1 inches each. Cover baking sheet with tin foil, brush with oil. Preheat broiler, add polenta fries to baking sheet and brush tops with oil. Broil for 15-20 minutes or golden brown, flipping once halfway through. Serve with Pesto Vegenaise Gourmet or Sriracha Vegenaise Gourmet.