Jalapeño Cheddar Corndog Muffins
by Plvnt Food
- 2 boxes vegetarian Jiffy corn muffin mix (we used flax egg & soymilk per package
- 1 pack veggie hot dogs
- 2 jalapeños, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Medium Cheddar slices, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- In a skillet over medium heat, chop up your hot dogs and jalapeno and cook them with a bit of salt until slightly browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your jiffy corn muffin mix using flax egg, and soy milk per package instructions.
- Add your green onion & cheddar cheese into the muffin mix, and stir.
- Add your hot dog and jalapeno mix into the muffin mix, and stir again (reserve some hot dog slices to top each muffin if desired).
- Place the batter into a greased muffin tray, filling 2/3 of the way, and bake according to package instructions- but add 5 minutes.
- Mix together your room temperature butter, whole grain mustard, maple syrup, and salt to taste as a compound butter to serve with your muffins.
- When the muffins are ready, allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before removing from the trays. Twist them out and serve warm alongside the compound butter.