Vegan Mac and Cheese Donuts
by Spork Foods
- 12 oz macaroni
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup non-hydrogenated buttery spread (Earth Balance)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Vegan Cheddar Shreds
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Pizzeria Shreds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Bring about 6-8 cups of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook according to package. About 7-9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 4-quart pot and add buttery spread. Whisk in flour and create a roux. Add almond milk, Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds, Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Shreds, sea salt, pepper, lemon juice, and whisk. Cook for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Fold macaroni into cheese sauce and add breadcrumbs. Fold until uniform.
- Grease donut pan and add macaroni to each section. Press until flush with donut shape, making room for the hole in the middle.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let rest about 12-15 minutes and invert onto cooling rack. Serve warm.