Mushroom, Chive, & Cheese Tartlets
by Spork Foods
- 1 package (2 sheets) vegan puff pastry, thawed slightly
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- ½ block Follow Your Heart American Cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup Original Vegenaise, for brushing *Optional
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil and butter. Add garlic, mushrooms, sherry, vinegar, sea salt, black pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and liquid is evaporated. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On a clean surface, spread out puff pastry sheets. Using scalloped 3-inch biscuit cutter, or floured rim of a glass, cut out rounds of puff pastry. Brush each round with Vegenaise, if using. To each round, add chopped Follow Your Heart American Cheese and ample amount of mushrooms.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Garnish with chives, Let cool slightly before serving.