Ooey Gooey Cheesy Bread Fingers
- 1 tube Pillsbury dough sheet
- 1/3 cup of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shreds
- 1/3 cup of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted cashews
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ -1 tsp of salt, to your preferred taste
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the dough packaging.
- Open the dough sheet and spread it out until it’s a flat rectangle.
- Cut the dough sheet into 3.5” x 3” rectangles. (Don’t worry if the size isn’t perfect). You want 12 individual rectangles of dough.
- On each individual piece of dough, cut off a small piece of dough from the corner and set aside.
- Spoon in ½ tbsp each of the mozzarella shreds and cheddar shreds on one side of the dough. Carefully tuck and roll the cheese inside the dough as you roll. You want the dough to completely encompass the cheese. Pinch the ends of your dough ‘roll’ together so the cheese is tucked safely inside and doesn’t ooze out while baking.
- Repeat this process with the remainder of the dough. (If you need a bit more cheese add it sparingly, so the cheese doesn’t burst out of the dough during the baking process).
- When all of your fingers have been rolled up, create a small indention on one side of the ‘finger’. This is where the ‘nail’ will go.
- To make the ‘nail’, take one of the small pieces of dough that was set aside (that we cut off of each corner of the dough rectangles). Shape each little piece of dough into an oval.
- Put a dab of tomato paste into the indentation of the finger where the nail should go. (This will act as the glue to attach the nail onto the finger). Place your small piece of oval dough into the indention, being sure to mash it lightly into the tomato paste. This will help it stick while baking.
- Repeat this process for all of the ‘fingers’, adding the tomato paste and placing the ‘nail’ onto the finger.
- Score your cheesy-bread fingers twice across the top with a sharp knife to create 2 slits in the dough.
- Bake your cheesy-bread fingers for the allotted time specified on the dough packaging.
- While the fingers are baking, prepare the pesto sauce.
- To make the sauce, add the remaining ingredients (arugula, basil, garlic, cashews, sour cream, water, and salt) into a high-speed blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy!
- Serve and enjoy while hot!