Parmesan Pumpkin Scones
by Plvnt Food
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried sage
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) cold vegan butter, grated
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Grated Parmesan
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp regular unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp pepitas, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, dried sage, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the grated butter and parmesan then stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and almond milk.
- Pour the pumpkin/milk mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Add the chopped pecans and pepitas and combine gently with your hands.
- Lightly flour the counter and turn the dough out onto the surface.
- Gently knead together with your hands just until dough sticks together. Form into a round disc shape about 1″ thick.
- Sprinkle the chopped sage and parmesan on top then gently pat down so it sticks to the dough.
- Slice into 6 triangle/pie-shaped pieces.
- Place each scone on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until the scones are golden brown on the edges and fully baked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack.