Peanut Butter Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup chunky organic peanut butter
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- ½ cup ice-cold soymilk creamer
- 1 ¼ organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup soymilk creamer
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ground peanuts *Optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, add VeganEgg powder and ½ cup ice-cold creamer. Whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or standing mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar, until well mixed and soft. Add vanilla extract and prepared VeganEgg. Mix just until uniform.
- Slowly add flour, sea salt, and baking powder to bowl or mixer. Mix until just incorporated. Set aside.
- Scoop dough into walnut sized balls onto lightly greased baking sheet. Press with a fork in criss-cross pattern, creating indentations across top of cookie.
- Bake for about 18 minutes. Set aside to cool on cooling rack.
- Heat ¼ cup creamer in a small pot until simmering. Pour over chocolate chips and allow to melt about 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate and place on cooling rack. Top with ground peanuts, if desired.