PB Cup Cheesecake Bars
by Eva Agha
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, about 10 cookies
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2 8oz tubs Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream, room temperature
- 8 vegan peanut butter cups, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 ºF and line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over at least two sides of the pan (for removing cheesecake bars after baking).
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor to make crumbs. Add the melted vegan butter and pulse to combine. Transfer the crumbs to the parchment-lined baking pan and spread to cover the base, and then press down with the bottom of a glass to compress to a crust. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the crust is just firm. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment in a stand mixer or with electric handheld beaters, combine the dairy-free cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and cornstarch (or arrowroot) and mix on low until creamy and there are no lumps.
- Add the dairy-free sour cream and mix on low to just combine. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake bars at 325 ºF for 34-36 minutes or until the edges are set and a pale golden color and the center is jiggly but no longer liquidy. It will still look very soft and underdone but will firm up after cooling in the refrigerator.
- Cool the cheesecake on the counter for 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator. Leave uncovered until fully chilled, and then cover. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours for the cheesecake bars to set before eating.
Optional: When baking the cheesecake bars, add a second pan filled with boiling water (handle with care) to a lower rack in the oven. This helps prevent cracking on top.Print