Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast Sandwich
- 1/4 cup VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup ice-cold almond or soy milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 /4 tsp cardamom
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp neutral tasting oil, like safflower oil, plus additional oil for pan
- 6 – 8 slices Follow Your Heart Gluten-Free Brioche
- 2 tbsp your favorite peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1 tbsp your favorite jam or jelly
- In a medium bowl, whisk together VeganEgg powder, ice-cold almond or soy milk, sea salt, cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and oil. Whisk until smooth and slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Pre-heat griddle or pan to a medium-high heat. Grease griddle with additional oil. Coat each slice of bread in batter letting excess drip back into bowl and then place on hot pan or griddle.
- Cook until slightly golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for about another 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Spread nut butter on one slice. Top with Jam or jelly and another slice of bread. Repeat until you’ve used up all the bread.