Pesto Primavera Pasta Salad
by Plvnt Food
- 1 pound short pasta of your choosing
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Pesto Vegenaise
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan – Shredded (more for topping)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1-2 medium zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions, drain & rinse with cold water. Toss with a small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking & place in the fridge to cool.
- Chop all of your veggies (except the tomatoes, leave those whole) into bite sized chunks. Add your olive oil to a pan over medium heat & add them all to the pan with salt / pepper to taste. Cook until slightly browned, and allow to cool fully.
- Once your pasta and veggies are completely cooled (best to do these the night before and keep in the fridge overnight), add them to a bowl with your Pesto Vegenaise, chopped fresh basil, Vegan Parmesan shreds, lemon juice, and toasted pine nuts. Mix well.
- Top with additional pine nuts, basil, and parmesan if desired. Serve cold.