Pink Champagne Cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder, dry
- ½ cup ice-cold almond milk
- 1 cup vegan champagne
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 pint vegan strawberry or vanilla frosting, for topping
- 1 ½ tsp edible glitter or sprinkles
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and sea salt. Whisk until uniform.
- In a separate small bowl add VeganEgg powder and ice-cold almond milk. Whisk until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Add champagne, Follow Your Heart® Sour Cream, oil, vanilla extract, and prepared VeganEgg to bowl with dry ingredients. Mix batter well, whisking until smooth. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour batter into lined cupcake pan. Bake for about 26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of cupcake. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Frost in swirl shape and top with desired glitter or sprinkles.