Plant-Based Jalapeño Poppers
by Plvnt Food
- 12 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Fiesta Blend Shreds
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Ranch Dressing *for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 425°F, and line a large baking sheet with a cookie cooling rack so that the jalapenos are raised up above the tray.
- Cut off the top 1/3 of each jalapeno, and remove the membranes & seeds from inside the jalapeno. Place them on your baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine your room temperature cream cheese, fiesta shreds, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, cilantro, & scallions until well mixed. Fill each jalapeno full with the cream cheese mixture & place them back on the tray.
- Place in the oven for 13-15 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the cheese is all bubbly.
- While those are in the oven, melt your vegan butter and mix it in with your breadcrumbs, old bay seasoning, and salt to taste until a “wet sand” texture forms.
- After the jalapenos are ready, sprinkle with some breadcrumbs, switch your oven to broil, and broil until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve with ranch dressing for dipping!