Vegan Potato, Leek, Smoked Gouda Galette
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 1 large leek
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp water
- 8 sprigs thyme plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yukon gold potato, washed and scrubbed.
- 1 vegan frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 tsp whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp VeganEgg Powder whisked with 1/2 cup cold non-dairy creamer
- 1/2 package of Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda sliced, shredded
- Trim tops and bottoms of leeks, leaving only pale stalks. Cut in half lengthwise, then cross-wise into 1/4 inch half moons. Wash in a colander to remove excess dirt/sand. Let dry
- Heat large sauce pan over medium heat. Melt butter and add water. Add leeks and thyme, season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent from burning. Add more water if needed.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel potatoes and thinly slice (use a mandoline for best results). Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Roll out pie crust to 10-12″ diameter. Dust center with 1 tsp whole wheat flour. Arrange leeks, potatoes, and smoked gouda in 1 or 2 thin layers, leaving about 1 inch all around. Fold over 1 inch edge to just cover leek-potato mixture. Brush crust with VeganEgg wash (you will have some left over).
- Cook in oven for about 30-40 minutes, turning every 15 minutes or so for even browning. Sprinkle with thyme leaves before serving.